Meet the Doctor
Dr. Jyotin K. Patel M.D., F.A.A.P, MBA
Dr. Patel founded Family Medical Center in 1992 and has been serving the Southern California area for more than 20 years. His goal is to provide patients an opportunity to improve their health with an emphasis on preventive medical care.
Dr. Patel received his undergraduate degree from South London College, London, England and his medical degree from the University of Sheffield, Sheffield, England. He completed his internship in orthopedic surgery at Barnsley General Hospital in Barnsley, England and internship in internal medicine at Walton Hospital in Chesterfield, England. Dr. Patel completed his residency in pediatrics at Lutheran General Medical Center in Park Ridge, Illinois. He also holds an MBA from Concordia University, Irvine, California, and he is certified by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Awards & Past Positions
- Monarch Healthcare Physician Recognition Award
- Medical Director, Anaheim Urgent Care
- Co-Chairman, Department of Women and Infants, Mission Regional Medical Center
- President, Indian Medical Association of Southern California
- California Medical Association, Ethnic Medical Organization Section
- American Medical Association, International Medical Graduates Section
- Board of Trustees, the Indian Medical Association of Southern California
- Board of Trustees, the American Academy of General Physicians
- Board of Trustees, Pratham California (a literacy program supporting over 400,000 children in India)
- Chairman, Ethics Committee, Children’s Hospital at Mission Hospital
- Board of Directors, KIDS DOC of Southern California (Pediatric after hours clinics)